Chez mr.le Marquis du Galipot.

Chez mr.le Marquis du Galipot.
Temperatures: 0800hrs/8C 1300hrs/11C last night low 6C Weather: cloudy.
Alert State: Normal.

Well, just yesterday I had occasion to look out of the window. It's not everyday that I do that, but I had heard a strange noise, and to my astounded incredibilitu, it was raining!
This was the first rain we have had since around about September time, and I was getting a little anxious about the garden, but I knew that if I watered, it would freeze- if I didn't water it wouldn't, but it wouldn't rain either.
The ground really is quite unbeleivably dry, and just the other day (at the height of the cold snap) there were reports on radio and TV about heath/forest fires, another few hundred hectares went up!
Now, although I, like the majority of people here, do like a dry winter (indeed a dry and sunny and warm and hot "all the year")we do realise the problems such weather brings with it.
The great risk is now that a sustained thunder shower or heavy rain will not penetrate the dry ground, and we've got catastrophical floods - again. 2/3 days of lightly falling nectar from the skies (like the English have some 363 days of the year - the other 2 days being summer) would be ideal, but even that would not hamper the problems in the large heathlands (garrigues) and forests, where, there is no doubt, later in this year enormous damage will be done by fire.
Anyway, back to my garden - when the hell do I water?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

last chance for Christmas - today only....!

The Empire is dead...Long live the Empire...?