Since my last Pension INCREASE (about 5 years ago) and my last Pension DECREASE (annually in the last 5 years) one of my pet themes has become PRICES and the increase in living a simple life! Politicians don't have an idea about how much a loaf of bread costs, so how they can determine a correct amount for Pensioners to live on is beyond me!
The following are just a few examples of things which have increased, since the introduction of the Euro, from 2001 to date.
What is not shown (or I have never been able to find on the Web or in Newspapers/magazines) are the enormous increases in Governmental items, such as Health Insurance, Administration fees, and the like.
Example:My own Health charges have gone up by a straight 50% since 2001, and a small increase annually since then.
Example:This year (2007) I will be obliged to apply for my new UK Passport, which, 10 years ago cost around £15 sterling (circa 150Ffrancs - circa 20 euros) but this year will cost me 150euros (I reckon that to be over 7 times - 700% increase!!!)
Since my Pension income is so low, I am not obliged to pay Taxes, but this means that extra charges (like the 2 above) are not Tax deductable, so once again, the poor guy is the fall guy!
Take a look a these few things (I happen to live in a region of Production of most of these items, so I do have access at the weekly markets to quality at much lower prices, but increases are noticeable nevertheless, and since I do all my shopping, or nearly, at so called "low discount" shops, like Lidl/Aldi etc..., I was also pleased to see that my information on such discounters was confirmed - the products are the same as those sold in the larger well known supermarkets, made by the same companies, just packed differently, and under another name! It's interesting, so read on............................
+ 30%
+14%

To speed up my task, I'm going to give you a LINK to a special dossier, made by myself, from various sources on the Web, all serious sources, and quite reliable! This dossier shows you the photos of FRESH items which have all gone up in price by between 4% and 34% in the period of 2001 to date!
There are also a couple of photos of products marketed in low discount shops which are IDENTICAL (just the packaging is different) to those sold as well known "trade marked" products, but whose prices differ by up to 500% (!!!!!). There are literally thousands of these products, from Corn Flakes (not Kellogs, but made by Kellogs) to "not LUX" soap made by LUX etc...... etc........
I personally have made a little test, by comparing those products which I buy, monthly, from discount marks against the "Original" products "trade marked" prices, and I've come up with the sum of around 150 euros, saved, every month, by saying no to "Kellogs" "Nestle" and all the others!
Just click on the link to see the facts!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

last chance for Christmas - today only....!

The Empire is dead...Long live the Empire...?