Gone missing- my problem...?


I've waited until the normal period of arrival has passed, before writing these few words.
When people - adults - disappear, make no further contact, are not contactable by normal means (from a distance), there are often very plausible reasons.
I accept that, and I recognize the fundemental right of everyone to contact anyone else - or not.
The problem is, in this case, that not only have I personally not been contacted by these people, in any form, but I am constantly requested what is happening with them.
By the person who runs the "Hotel" where they reserved for their normal period, and who couldn't contact them by phone, by email or other means, so - they send me an email asking me what is going on!
By the various "friends" or contacts they made (mainly through me) in France, who want to know what is happening.
By their "friends" in Holland, who apparantly have had no contact either, over the laste 10/11 months.
As I have already said, there are a multitude of reasons for silence.
Personal circumstances they don't want to talk about, illness, even death. False pride in the style "just forget it".
My problem is that I have to find plausible reasons for their silence, even if it is simply impoliteness, and I'm kind of fed up trying to hide them from others, and make out that they probably are having difficulties of some kind, and no doubt they will be in touch - sometime.
That's why I'm posting these few words, to let everybody know:
I have no idea where the couple from Portsmouth in England are, no idea what they are doing, and furthermore - in view of the circumstances, I don't much care.
Of course, if they have serious problems in health, family, financial, or other such areas, then I am extremely sorry for them, but no contact to anyone means that no one can help or share their problems, which is possibly exactly the way they wish it to be!
On that note - have a nice holiday period!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

last chance for Christmas - today only....!

The Empire is dead...Long live the Empire...?