Early morning reflections...

Happens now and then - I wake up at around 4.30am and tune into the Radio before deciding there's no point in staying in bed - mind too active....!
Others probably know the situation, so after breakfast and watching the latest "news" you get to reflecting on what's going on.
This morning, already at "Radio" time, still in bed, I heard that it was more or less miserable in France, weather-wise, either raining, or about to, quite chilly, I recalled WHY I live where I do.
I still was basking in 15C at 4.30am, it hadn't rained   and wasn't about to either! The further South you go, said the man on the radio, the better you'll have it - all weekend!
True - it's rare that it rains for longer than a day constantly. If it does, then after 3 days, it is taken as a personal affront! It is rare, apart from maybe a week or so at the end of January, start of February, that the temperatures fall below 10-15C.
When you've got arthritis problems, you learn (at first) to appreciate the dryness and the relative warmth. Of course, you get so used to it that when it does fall to around 10C, you complain like mad! How I could ever live in somewhere like Scotland or in the UK in general I simply cannot imagine, and I have no intention of trying! 50 years of voluntary banishment leave traces....! 
After the Radio News, I passed to the televised news, and heard a couple of quotes I'd never heard before (I ask myself if they really are from the people they say they originate from).
Winston Churchill apparantly once said:
"If you're going through hell, don't stop, keep on going"! 
I'd never heard that one before, but it is quite true! Keep on truckin' - through and eventually out of, hell!
SIR Michael Caine,  an actor I have always enjoyed watching, quoted that the death of Tony Curtis had touched him, in particular when people said that at 85 years of age, one could expect it. He didn't find anything disrespective in the statement, but it wasn't too reassuring when was 77 years of age.
Age brings wisdom and a relativised point of view!
I noted also that the GB pound had fallen against the Euro to 1.15 as against 1.21 a week ago! Just two weeks ago, some British tourists at my home had been crowingly happy that it was at 1.22 - wonder how they feel now? It will probably eventually find itself at the normal average of around 1.19 to 1.20, but I would just like, for once in my life, to be able to profit from the fall! 
I also noted that someone called "Dow Jones" was still trying to "Hang Seng" with little success...and, on the Financial side, I was told that every single Southern Irish (Eire) Citizen had a personal debt of over 7,000 euros - just to sort out their national Bank's debts.
They didn't say whether the Bank's, the manager's, the speculators, had said "thank you"....!
I moved on, to watch Italy's President "Berloscini" having to be woken up having fallen asleep in the Senate -  probably another hard night with one of the "Berlusconi Girls"  - he is a discerning and choosy man, with tastes for  "luxuries".........and has found a friend and "ami" in France's President.......!
And finally - I reflected on why my Internet connection was so bloody good at this time of the morning, and got worse as the day went on......! Then I went to make sure that my "Safe Search" was turned OFF!  I like knowing everything........!
So - there you are. Early morning reflections, I'll probably go and have my third cup of coffee, and - who knows - maybe a second croissante - life's hard.......!

Oh - I almost forgot ............."Good Morning,all ".............!

********
iwmpop(mrlemarquis)            -       Vauvert, France         -       1st October 2010

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

last chance for Christmas - today only....!

The Empire is dead...Long live the Empire...?