Chez mr.le Marquis du Galipot, things can be dangerous.

Chez mr.le Marquis du Galipot.

NO PHOTO TODAY: ( I'M FED UP PUTTING ALMOST THE SAME ONE OF BLUE SKIES EVERY DAY) NEXT PHOTOS WHEN THE WEATHER CHANGES!!!

Temperature: 0830hrs-4C 1330hrs9C last night low:2C Weather:Sunny but cold.
(coldest this year)

Alert State: Normal.

Things can be decidedly dangerous when one doesn't keep his little eyes and ears open. This morning I was busily (and happily) burning leaves and dead wood in the garden, when along came the "boss lady" and suggested that I put the plastic fence-cane into the fire as well, since she was going to buy some new to replace it, if I thought it wouldn't be too much work to install the new stuff(!!). I did explain that burning plastic is not a good idea, and in fact probably highly illegal.
In a country where even the police (when they have a strike-which is often)burn enormous lorry tyres on the open road, with clouds of black,toxic smoke pumping out,I rather felt I was fighting a losing battle, but I had said my piece, and I disappeared to do something else.
Little lady, of course, (being a little,old lady) took the chance, and pulled and pushed the damned stuff onto the fire. Now this stuff is treated with a product to avoid catching fire, but of course the fencing concerned was rather old, and had lost a lot of it's "no-burn" element, but none of it's toxic smoke, fumes and odour elements.
Result? The flames went up in the air, then died quickly as the plastic melted, and gave birth to clouds of jet black smoke!
I asked her how she was going to explain to the neighbours this billowing, black, nauseatingly toxic smelling cloud, which I reckoned could carry on giving off fumes for hours!
She looked at me, and went rather quickly into the house, as she had heard the phone ringing.
I hadn't, and she hadn't either, because she ain't got a telephone in the house, she has a mobile which was clipped onto her pocket!!
I don't think she'll be mixing it for a while in MY garden!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

last chance for Christmas - today only....!

The Empire is dead...Long live the Empire...?