F-Telecom (Little bits of nothing that add up.)

Chez mr.le Marquis du Galipot.

I just filled in a cheque (yes, they haven't taken them off me just yet) for one of my most detested and despised institutions, "France-Telecom". I keep searching for another company, but although I find hundreds with whom I can save "lots of money" they all still force me to pay the abonnement to France-Telecom, for the luxury of having a telephone line, for the right to call "special numbers" beginning with 08 etc. Most of these numbers are actually things belonging to F-Telecom, cost a fortune, and you never get an answer anyway to the questions you pose, just for the music and announcement that "someone will answer shortly", you pay a small fortune, at the end of which some woman replies and after half an hour of trying to get her to understand what you want, she finally says "it's not possible Monsieur, and anyway I've got to go and pick the kids up from school, au revoir, and have a nice day!"
If my telephone wasn't a modern one (bought in an instant of folly), I swear that I would take immense pleasure to put it on the ground and jump on it. If it was a rented one from F-Telecom (oh yes, they do that as well - they'll rent you a phone for 8euros per month- a model which runs on gas/coal energy so ancient it is!)I would definately take my baseball/cricket bat to it, and complain to F-Telecom after about the lack of quality and the lack of telephone access from my home. To this they would say, no problem, matey, send us a cheque for #####Eur. and we'll come and fix everything, until then just shut up and pay your abonnement every 2 months, phone or no phone!
This time they have reckoned me a telephone call to a number highly suspicious and expensive, of some 1hour,21minutes,48 seconds, to a thing called "Kiosque Micro" an 0836 number, never heard of it, and never used it. It isn't possible for me to telephone for such periods, I get a sore ear, and, if it was one of these "sexy" services, I wouldn't even be talking to you all about it!!
France Telecom are onto a winner again, because I will probably have to phone this damned number to find out what it is - F-Telecom ain't going to tell me, the kids have got to be taken to the dentist/doctor/hospital etc.
Anyway, my cheque is being sent for the amount required, LESS the famous call to the infamous number. Which brings me back to MY CHEQUE! I had to tear up the first one, because I used my fountain pen (remember them?) and the REAL ink just soaked into the paper of my Bank Cheque, like blotting paper. Unreadable, so another one had to be done (in ball-point). I ask myself why my Bank increases the monthly charges almost every year. I'd change, but all the others do the same, mind you, to get you (and what money you may have) in their sleazy clutches, they will offer you all sorts of things - FOR THE FIRST 6 MONTHS ( maybe even 12 months) but then WATCH OUT!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Much appreciated by Tinkerbell, who says there is only one person who comes anywhere close to herself when it comes to a good wholesome moan, and that's the Marquis
Anonymous said…
Tinkerbelle has always had good taste. Only once in her life did she have a brainstorm - remember Chippie? That wedding day?

Popular posts from this blog

last chance for Christmas - today only....!

The Empire is dead...Long live the Empire...?