More catty business.

Chez mr.le Marquis du Galipot.

Temperatures: 0830hrs: 4C 1300hrs: 15C Last night: 2C Weather: Wintry but nice.

Alert: NORMAL

NOTE: You will see the symbols (##) from time to time behind a word. This is a part of a system I am using for certain words for a later Blog. Ignore them for the moment.

To start the day of Blogging rolling, I thought I would finish of the catty business, with certain little things I have noticed over the last years as a person owned by a cat.
At the beginning, I had always heard how "cats were clean beasts" but couldn't for the life of me figure out how you could be clean if you used your own saliva to wash yourself (on at least a 100 occasions daily). My first lesson (##) came in the form of a booklet from "Whiskas" which informed me (amongst many other things) that all cats had a gland which (when put into use) produced a sort of detergent with which they could,and did, wash themselves. This gland produced automatically the right type of "detergent" for the cat concerned - strength/volume/odour/etc.
Amazing isn't it. This gave me to reflections on other possibilities from this strange type of beast, "appartment tiger", who shares my life. This will only be one or two little observations, because this also will be a subject I shal keep coming back to!
I had noticed, for example, that when the cat put herself at my feet and miaoud, but wouldn't budge, (normally she prefers her own little bed in front of the fire)this meant that either something was missing in her little world, or something was not quite in order. Silence and peace would not be restored until I went to see what was wrong. Generally it was one of two things: No food left in the tuna-fish bowl,(in which case I had to stir around in the dried food bowl to make her understand that tuna was all out for today)or she had done a little business in her toilet, and wished to continue with something else, but did not wish to carry on without me having "flushed" her toilet.As soon as I started to clean out whatever was there, she would start to eat or drink (depending on what I was removing from the WC) once again! I presume therefore, that like us, an association of ideas of "what goes in one end, comes out the other end sometime" is present, but being unable to push the "flush" button she needed help to keep her world in order. On the same plan of "stuying" her habits, I determined that she was basically incapable of closing doors she had opened by pulling, and no amount of "training" helped. Like the people in American sitcom series, they can always open the fridge door, but never close the damned thing! Finally (for the moment), have you ever thought of the word "Chat" - French for Cat, but English for talking trivial nonsense. This would suggest that a relation between both things had been made in the past, possibly by the French, on the subject that a cat is the most obviously female of animals, and chatting is a very female pastime. Unfortunately both are probably false, because in French "the cat" is masculine (le chat)and the Author of this Blogsite is masculine, but the contents are trivial nonsense.
I'll have to stop this article now, since I am being bombarded with steely looks from a certain feline who now considers that lunch time has arrived!
The subject will surely be continued sometime or other.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

last chance for Christmas - today only....!

The Empire is dead...Long live the Empire...?