A visit to the blog day.

Chez mr.le Marquis du Galipot.

Temperatures: 0730/10C - 1330hrs/19C Last night: 7C Weather: Sunny,Mild.

Well, today wasn't really going to be a visit to the blog day, but with all that's happened - well!

first thing - a call from my private health insurance-they are agreed to stop my policy for an undetermined period, forthwith! This is good and bad news, 1. It gives me a little more room in the monthly finance, but 2. I ain't covered for various things in case of an event! What the hell, at least I can take it up again later when things are maybe settled, and in any case, another "event" would probably be the last. Anybody know anything about how to give your corpse as a gift to science or whatever? Got to think about costs of funerals and stuff! Found hundreds of things about it on the Web, but not an actual adress where one can fill out a form!


second thing - (and all this before 9am!!) a call from the little old lady whose gardener I am (and now factotem also). "Je suis dans la merde, mr le Marquis - venez vite s.v.p!!" (literally "I'm in the shit, mr le Marquis - come quick please"). Off I race, and find her main sewers bubbling "shit" happily all over the place! Blocked at the exit to the main town sewers. Ever noticed how they are always blocked on your ground, and NEVER just OUTSIDE your property?
Anyway, deblocked 4/5 hours later, mr le Marquis in quite a state, not even his mate Chippie would have recognised him (apart from odour)- how about something to eat now? Plateful of spinach all mashed up, maybe?

Get back home and third thing - various messages on my outlook express to which I feel obliged to reply, before the start of the weekend - some Anonymous chippie complaining that he didn't want to be an effeminate white/black cat, he wanted to be the ginger Tom. I explain to him now that it is Friday, bath night. He can be the "Ginger-Tom-in-the-Tub" (if, for a change, Tinkerbelle will let him). Anyway - what does a retired naval chippie expect? WB is alright where he is - he probably isn't even aware of it - and his wifey should be free for the weekend - so am I!
Some other anonymous chippie complaining about the lack of Faugeres on my nectar photo. I can only comment that mr. le Marquis does not have a tendancy to drink drain cleaners - he doesn't need to, he has the real thing, right in the front garden!!
So there you are - a truly wonderful day, had by all. Incidentally, the Mistral has stopped, and we had a beauty - got up to around 20C in the afternoon! Jealous?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

last chance for Christmas - today only....!

The Empire is dead...Long live the Empire...?