SKYPE - pype and flyte!


I know that quite a few of you actually use this "once upon a time great service".
This little article is really just an update on a changing situation with this programme that I also used to be a part of
It appears that "Skype" has been bought up by "e-bay" (that well known auction site, with little or no scruples - ethically or morally) which I understand to be Swiss.
Since the advent of e-bay, things seem to be a little strange at Skype.
For me it all started when I got a message asking me to "update my details" or I would be unable to use my account!
Then another message stating " we have changed your skype account currency from Euros to US$ as requested"
Then another message stating " Skype now uses Automatic Top up for accounts when the balance is less than 2.00euros"
All this intrigued me, and one of these messages was actually found in my "Spam" box, very susceptible to being deleted without being seen! (Regarding automatic Top up!)
So - off I went to my account. I'd just paid 11 euros and a few cents for 10euros of Skype calling time (Bank charges apply).
I couldn't get into my account, so a battle of emails commenced with Skype. After around a dozen emails, I finally managed to enter my account, and surprise, surprise, my balance was ZERO!
My 2 calls to UK from France, which had cost me around 46 cents, had actually now cost me 11 euros and 46 cents!
They would have cost me (using a normal telephone company) around 1euro and 46 cents.
GOOD VALUE SKYPE - isn't it?
My first reaction was to change my password. My second reaction was to block all "Automatic Top Ups" (illegal in any case, since they re-use Bank Card details given for a one-off transaction, but have you ever tried to take a "virtual" company like Skype or e-bay to court.........? And they know it!)
My third action was to delete the programme Skype and all toolbars relating to it from my PC.
My 4th action was to go and sign up at "Skype Forums" and I got myself into cold sweats at all the horror stories about things disappeared, money stolen, top ups made illegally by someone else etc.....etc......
Since I joined the Skype Forum, I have received DAILY around 10 postings to this group (an Official Skype forum group) all dealing with the same subject - Theft without end, and the total non-assistance of Skype.
DO YOURSELVES A FAVOUR - GET OUT QUICK - make sure the "automatic top up" option is disabled, use up your credits, check your Bank Account regularly.
When your credits are finished (or have been stolen) - CANCEL your account. Take the programme Skype OFF your PC, but......continue to check your bank account regularly!
If you want to carry on having the possibility of telephoning and sending SMS messages, cheaply (in fact for many FREE OF CHARGE), download and install the following programme:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>VOIPBUSTER (you can find it by google searching it ).<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

At least for the moment, this programme is BETTER and SAFER and CHEAPER than Skype, until e-bay get their hands on it anyway................!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

last chance for Christmas - today only....!

The Empire is dead...Long live the Empire...?