YOUR SPECIAL DAY!?

Chez mr.le Marquis du Galipot.

Temperatures: 0830hrs-12C 1330hrs-19C last night:10C Weather: Sunny/mild.

Alert State: Normal

Here is a question for you all who live in the UK - have you any plans for Thursday 5th May 2005?
If so, cancel them, if not, don't make any.
Mr Blair, I beleive, is going to invite you all to the local church hall/schoolhall/townhall or whatever else.
You are not going to be offered a cup of tea and a biscuit, but you are going to polled - in the polling station, and I hope it hurts, particularly the politicians responsible for my current financial debacle- beleive me, I WILL BOUNCE BACK, and then watch-out for sparks!
Anyway, I won't even bother going to my local polling station, they would only look blankly at me (if anyone was there) and ask, in French, who the hell was Mr. Blair, who the hell was I, what the hell is "a cup of tea and a biscuit", and why the hell should we give you anything for free?
On the whole a wasted effort. I'll probably spend the day in blood donor unit, getting sucked dry in another way, but at least, if you insist, they will give you a drink and a biscuit, in some countries they even give you money,money,money!
So there we are, just a little reminder that you are going to be called upon to do your duty, just as I did those years ago, and look where it's got me!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I think at the next election I will forgo my tea and biscuits at the polling booth, as well as refraining from voting for Tony Blair. After all how could I vote for one of the Directors of F-Telecom? Both myself and my Brit friend did try to warn you, that man has got a lot to answer for! Chippie

Popular posts from this blog

last chance for Christmas - today only....!

The Empire is dead...Long live the Empire...?